- Introduction & Contacts
- Personal Data We Collect
- How We Use Personal Data
- Security & Storage of Personal Data
- Right To Be Forgotten / Deletion
Introduction & Contacts
SpaceInvapers Limited is a Company Register in England & Wales.
Company Number: #10676020
VAT Registration Number: #289088348
SpaceInvapers Limited (referred to as SpaceInvapers throughout the rest of this document) are committed to keeping the privacy and security of our visitor’s and customer’s data our #1 priority.
(ICO) Information Commissioner’s Office
SpaceInvapers is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
ICO Registration Reference: ZA341872
Data Protection Officer / Data Controller
You can contact the SpaceInvapers Data Protection Officer via:
Data Protection Officer
99 High Street North
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
Our website is protected by an SSL Certificate. This means that any data you send or receive from the website is encrypted. This is to protect against the interception of data whilst in transfer.
As a retailer of Electronic Cigarette and related products, we must conform to TPD (The Tobacco & Related Products Directive). This means that we must age verify customers prior to fulfilling an order.
We use CreditSafe to run Identity & Age Verification checks on all purchasing customers to ensure they are of a legal age to purchase our products. You can learn more about CreditSafe here: https://www.creditsafe.com
Personal Data We Collect
We process all data within legal guidelines and do not share any personal data with third parties. Any personal data not relevant to our current business is deleted.
When you first visit our website, we request your permission to track you as you browse our site. We do not and cannot track you outside of our website. We request the ability to track your usage of our website so we can evolve and always look to provide a more user-friendly experience.
Contacting SpaceInvapers via our Website
Should you opt to contact SpaceInvapers via one of our web forms, we will ask you to confirm that you’re happy with us storing details of your enquiry. This data is stored on our website for 30 days before it is automatically deleted.
Making a purchase
When you make a purchase with SpaceInvapers, we require the following information in order to fulfil your order:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Shipping Address
- Billing Address
- Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
We need this data to process your order correctly.
To conform to the TPD (Tobacco & Related Products Directive) – we must verify your age and identity prior to fulfilling an order. We use CreditSafe (https://www.creditsafe.com) to conduct Age & Identity Verification Checks on all orders from a first time customer.
When we run a check, it validates your data across various sources. This data is never stored on our servers, and does not go against any credit scores or checks. It’s simply a method for us to ensure customers are of legal age.
In the event that our Age & Identity Validation systems cannot confirm your age, we may contact you to request one of the following pieces of information to complete validation:
- Driving License Number
- National Insurance Number
- Passport MRZ Reference
- European ID Card Reference
How We Use Personal Data
SpaceInvapers uses the data we collect during your browsing and purchasing to provide a functional, enjoyable experience using our website and making purchases from us.
When we process personal data about you, we will only ever do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide you with the products you purchase, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of SpaceInvapers.
Processing your data:
- Service Improvement. We use data from your browsing of our website to continually improve the quality of our website, and the quality of your experience on our website.
- Order Fulfilment. We use the data you provide us with when ordering to verify your details and fulfil your order(s).
Keeping your data:
- Initially collecting your data: When you provide us with consent to collect your data, depending on the type of data you submit, it is only kept for a certain amount of time automatically:
- SPACEINVAPERS BROWSING DATA: When you allow us to collect your browsing data (only in regards to our website – we cannot and will never collect data on your usage of any website other than our own), it is stored within “Google Analytics” – a system provided by Google to allow us to better understand how people use our website and what we can do to improve our website. The Data Retention Period for this browsing data is 26 months, at which point it is automatically delete. Should you visit our website again within the retention period, the retention period is reset to current time and the 26 month retention period begins again. You can opt out of this at any point via your Cookie Settings on our website. We will ask you to refresh this consent every 30 days, and we cannot identify you as an individual from this data – the IP address is anonymized automatically.
- SPACEINVAPERS MARKETING DATA: We operate on a double opt-in basis for marketing. You can enter your e-mail into our marketing subscription, or tick the “Send me Marketing Updates” checkbox on an order to subscribe, and you will then have to opt-in via a confirmation e-mail you will receive. You can then unsubscribe at any time, at which point your data will be deleted.
- SPACEINVAPERS ORDER DATA: When you make a purchase from SpaceInvapers, we have to collect various pieces of data about you in order to process your order. This data is never shared externally, and is only used for the fulfilment of your order and any subsequent requests from you in regards to that order. We do not keep your data indefinitely, ever. Depending on the scenario, your data will be automatically deleted after a set period of time as below:
|Data Deletion Criteria|
|Scenario||Description||Retention / Timescale|
|INACTIVE ACCOUNT||Your account will be deleted if you do not log in to it.||3 YEARS.|
|PENDING ORDER||You start but do not complete an order (thus order becomes pending)||3 MONTHS.|
|FAILED ORDER||Your order fails (payment is refused / rejected)||3 MONTHS.|
|CANCELLED ORDER||Your order is cancelled (either by yourself or by SpaceInvapers)||3 MONTHS.|
|COMPLETED ORDER||You order successfully.||3 YEARS.|
Below is a non-exhaustive list of cookies commonly used on our website:
- age-verifier – When you first visit our website, we have an age gate that asks you to confirm your age. When you select your age, and that age is above that required to use our website, we set a simple cookie to identify you as “verified.”
- _ga _gid | AMP_TOKEN | _gac – These cookies are set by our Google Analytics platform to track usage of our website.
- woocommerce_cart_hash | woocommerce_items_in_cart | wp_woocommerce_session_ – The first two cookies contain information about your shopping cart as a whole and helps our website know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that our website knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
- PHPSESSID | wordpress_logged_in – These cookies track your session through our website, ensuring you don’t have to log in again on every page, or if you’re not logged in it stores settings, wishlists, cart items.
- gridcookie – A grid cookie used to define the layout / styling of the website.
Security & Storage of Personal Data
SpaceInvapers is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transmit confidential data (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet to-and-from your device, we protect it through the use of SSL encryption.
SpaceInvapers are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller, and we comply with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification laws.
Should we be a victim of a data breach, the affected individuals will be contacted within the timescales specified in the GDPR, it will be reported to the Information Commissioner, and a full report – highlighting any risks – will be provided.
The SpaceInvapers website, and all data stored on it, is through 20i Web Hosting (https://www.20i.com) who exclusively use the Node4 Data Centre in Derby (https://www.node4.co.uk/colocation/derby-data-centre/).
Right To Be Forgotten / Deletion
We comply with all requests to remove personal data and abide by any legitimate requests to receive information about the data we hold on individuals in a timely fashion.
You can contact the SpaceInvapers Data Protection Officer via:
Data Protection Officer
MK11 Live Music Venue
Kiln Farm, Tilers Road
LAST EDITED: 25th May 2018 by Data Protection Officer